söndag 1 mars 2009

Favoritcitat: Buffy S07E20 - S07E22

Spike: No?
Buffy: No.
Spike: You mean no as in "eventually"?
Buffy: You really have problems with that word, don't you?

Spike: It's bloody chaos over there without you!
Buffy: It is?
Spike: Yeah! Yeah. It's uh - there's junk. You know, food cartons. Sleeping bags not rolled up. Everyone's very scared and, uh, unkempt.
Buffy: Sounds dire.
Spike: I didn't see a lot. I came, hit Faith a bunch of times, and left.

Spike: You listen to me. I've been alive a bit longer than you. And dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine. And done things I prefer you didn't. Don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes. A lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred-plus years. And there's only one thing I've ever been sure of. You. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it's not because I want you. Or because I can't have you. It has nothin' to do with me. I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I've seen your kindness, and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand, with perfect clarity, exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the One, Buffy.
Buffy: I don't wanna be the One.
Spike: I don't wanna be this good-looking and athletic. We all have crosses to bear.

Anya: We're all on death's door repeatedly ringing the doorbell, like maniacal girl scouts trying to make quota.
(från “Touched”, S07E20)

Faith: I'm looking at you, everything you have, and, I don't know, jealous. Then there I am. Everybody's looking to me, trusting me to lead them, and I've never felt so alone in my entire life.
Buffy: Yeah.
Faith: And that's you every day, isn't it?
Buffy: I love my friends. I'm very grateful for them. But that's the price. Being a slayer.
Faith: There's only supposed to be one. Maybe that's why you and I can never get along. We're not supposed to exist together.
Buffy: Also, you went evil and were killing people.
Faith: Good point. Also a factor.
Buffy: But you're right. I mean, I... I guess everyone's alone. But being a slayer? There's a burden we can't share.
Faith: And no one else can feel it. Thank God we're hot chicks with superpowers.

Giles: [inspecting a scythe] In addition to being ancient, it's - well it's clearly mystical.
Buffy: Yeah, I figured that one out when I King Arthured it out of the stone.

Anya: Well, I guess I was kinda new to being around humans before. And now I've seen a lot more, gotten to know people, seen what they're capable of and I guess I just realize how amazingly... screwed up they all are. I mean, really, really screwed up in a monumental fashion.
Andrew: Oh.
Anya: And they have no purpose that unites them, so they just drift around, blundering through life until they die. Which they know is coming and yet every single one of them is surprised when it happens to them. They're incapable of thinking about what they want beyond the moment. They kill each other, which is clearly insane, and yet, here's the thing. When it's something that really matters, they fight. I mean, they're lame morons for fighting. But they do. They never... They never quit. And so I guess I will keep fighting, too.

Spike: Last night was... God, I'm such a jerk. I can't do this.
Buffy: Spike?
Spike: It was the best night of my life. If you poke fun at me, you bloody well better use that 'cause I couldn't bear it. It may not mean that much to you, but...
Buffy: I just told you it did.
Spike: Yeah, I hear you say it, but... I've lived for sodding ever, Buffy. I've done everything. I've done things with you I can't spell, but I've never been close to anyone, least of all you, until last night. All I did was hold you, watch you sleep, and it was the best night of my life. So, yeah, I'm terrified.
(från “End of Days”, S07E21)

Buffy: [about Spike] It's different. He's different. He has a soul now... What?
Angel: That's great! Everyone's got a soul now.
Buffy: He'll make a difference.
Angel: You know, I started it. The whole having-a-soul. Before it was... all the cool new thing.
Buffy: Oh my god, are you twelve?

Angel: I'm gettin' the brush off for Captain Peroxide. It doesn't necessarily bring out the champion in me.
Buffy: You're not getting the brush off. A-Are you just going to come here and go all Dawson on me every time I have a boyfriend?
Angel: Aha! Boyfriend.
Buffy: He's not. But he is in my heart.
Angel: That'll end well.
Buffy: What was the highlight of our relationship? When you broke up with me or when I killed you?

Buffy: I'm cookie dough. I'm not done baking. I'm not finished becoming who ever the hell it is I'm gonna turn out to be. I make it through this, and the next thing, and the next thing, and maybe one day, I turn around and realize I'm ready. I'm cookies. And then, you know, if I want someone to eat m- or enjoy warm, delicious, cookie me, then that's fine. That'll be then. When I'm done.
Angel: Any thoughts on who might enjoy - Do I have to go with the cookie analogy?
Buffy: I'm not really thinking that far ahead. That's kind of the point.
Angel: I'll go start working on the second front. Make sure I don't have to use it.
[starts to leave]
Buffy: Angel. I do. Sometimes, think that far ahead.
Angel: Sometimes is something.
Buffy: Be a long time coming. Years, if ever.
Angel: I ain't gettin' any older.

[about Buffy and Angel's kiss]
Spike: Most people don't use their tongues to say hello. Or I guess they do, but...

Willow: Did you find out anything about the scythe?
Buffy: It slices, dices, and makes julienne preacher.
Giles: Caleb?
Buffy: I cut him in half.
Willow: All right!
Anya: He had that coming.
Xander: Hey, party in my eye socket, and everyone's invited.

Buffy: I just realized something, something that really never occurred to me before. We're gonna win.

Buffy: I hate this. I hate being here. I hate that you have to be here. I hate that there's evil and that I was chosen to fight it. I wish a whole lot of the time that I hadn't been. I know a lot of you wish I hadn't been, either. This isn't about wishes. This is about choices. I believe we can beat this evil. Not when it comes. Not when its army is ready. Now. Tomorrow morning, I'm opening the seal. I'm going down into the Hellmouth and I am finishing this once and for all. Right now, you're asking yourself what makes this different. What makes us anything more than a bunch of girls being picked off one by one? It's true. None of you have the power that Faith and I do. So here's the part where you make a choice.

Buffy: So here's the part where you make a choice. What if you could have that power, now? In every generation, one Slayer is born, because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. This woman is more powerful than all of them combined. So I say we change the rule. I say my power, should be *our* power. Tomorrow, Willow will use the essence of this scythe to change our destiny. From now on, every girl in the world who might be a Slayer, will be a Slayer. Every girl who could have the power, will have the power. Can stand up, will stand up. Slayers, every one of us. Make your choice. Are you ready to be strong?

The First: [as Buffy] Oh no... Ow! Mommy, this mortal wound is all... itchy. You pulled a nice trick. You came pretty close to smacking me down. What more do you want?
Buffy: [through gritted teeth] I want you
[sits up]
Buffy: to get out of my face.
[stands]

[preparing to face the onslaught of übervamps]
Anya: Oh, God. I'm terrified. I-I didn't think - I mean, I - I just figured you'd be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it.
Andrew: Picture happy things. A lake, candycanes, bunnies...
Anya: [enraged] Bunnies! Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!

[As Spike is dying to save the world]
Buffy: I love you.
Spike: No, you don't. But thanks for sayin' it.

[Spike's final lines]
Spike: Now, go!
[Buffy runs]
Spike: I wanna see how it ends

[About Sunnydale's destruction and the end of the Hellmouth]
Giles: I don't understand. What did this?
Buffy: Spike.

[About Anya's death]
Xander: So, did you see?
Andrew: I-I was scared. I'm sorry.
Xander: Did you see what happened? I mean, was she...
Andrew: She was incredible. She died saving my life.
Xander: That's my girl. Always doin' the stupid thing.
(från "Chosen", S07E22)

Inga kommentarer: